Finally I have the opportunity to write a new and far more up to date post for the bewildering number of surfers who find my blog as a result of googling beret. What is it with berets? Everyone seems to be on a beret quest (take note crafters!). The ‘back from Origin’ post written a year ago, attracts more views than all other posts put together and this as a result of the tag…..(do I need to say it again?).
Today I made a customised beret for Etsian Paula. She wanted one in colours other than those offered on etsy so I showed her a few pics of other fabric samples. She chose a boiled wool fabric which was left over from a previous commission and I was excited to get the opportunity to play with it once again.
The fabric responded well to the usual treatment of zig zag seams and embroidered dots. Paula had requested a raspberry flower for the crown. I tried making the flower in felt but the combination of felt and boiled wool just wasn’t right. So out came the red dye and a rosy brew was mixed.
So the raspberry flower was cut and attached and here folks (drum roll) …is the beret!
It looks scrumptious on. Just my size and I want it!!!
Also emerging from my sewing machine were two lovely Lobelias.
a nest brooch for Naomi’s mum’s Xmas (how organised!)
and a Hebridean Hare Egg cosy for the purpose of documenting a how to pattern for Sew Hip magazine.
Got to go. Desperate housewives!!