I told you I was making a loose cover for Mary’s sofa didn’t I? Well, it’s done now.
Made from a scrumptuous upholstery tartan and tweed. I spent three, or was it two days camping out at Mary’s with Pete, little Lewis the whirlwind and the sewing machine for company. Pin, pin pin, pipe pipe pipe, sew, sew, sew and sew and sew…and finaly the sofa emerges with a brand new coat on. This particular coat was a bit overwhelmed with tartan so some custom cushions were made to sit a top it and break up the grid. Mary has a hen fetish of sorts so obviously the cushions needed to cater for that! I designed three cushions: two with hens and one grass. They’ve turned out well and I think I’m going to see how they go on etsy.com
I’ve also made curtains which I’ll hang next week hopefully. I have to put up a pelmet…tried to venture to Oban to buy the bits this morning but a humdinger of a hebridean storm had whipped up and the boat wouldn’t run. Hey ho! We were stranded and island bound. I quite like it when that happens.